UVVC is First and foremost a voice to promote our heritage and Christian values in our communities and in society in general. Il works witch municipal, provincial and federal decision-makers by democratically trying to influence their decisions.
In collaboration witch its partners from different communities of active faith and through various public impact measures. Uni-T defines itself as a progressive, intense and committed voice raising moral and just values thus reflecting a majority of the population. It wants to settle in the next few years to cover, in the first place, the entire territory of our beautiful province.
A Brief of history
Achievements – 2016
In October 2016, the first UVVC meeting was held. The first breakfast brought together many pastors and associations from various denominations, gathering approximately fifty participants. During this breakfast, the name of the Association was chosen as well as members of the Board of Directors.
The first meeting was held: It brought together all the people who manifested their interest in getting involved so that there may be a voice representing Christian values in Quebec and Canada.
- Request for incorporation approved by the Registraire des entreprises du Québec.
- Transmission of our first brief to Mr. Maxime Perreault, at the National Assembly, concerning Bill 62: An Act to promote respect for the state’s religious neutrality and, in particular, to regulate requests for religious accommodation in certain organizations.
Éric Lanthier’s training on “How to change things one call at a time” at MCI Canada.
Transmission and presentation of our brief on Bill 45, pertaining to the legalization of Cannabis, in Gatineau and on the Web page of the Provincial Minister responsible for the project, Mrs. Lucie Charlebois.
- The second breakfast meeting was held: It gathered 48 pastors from various denominations.
- Launch of UVVC’s Web site.
- Support for two Bills by circulating petitions to make our voices heard: Bill C-45 on legalization of Cannabis and Bill C-51 for the protection of religious leaders from malicious interference in places of assembly: circulation of petitions.
Achievements – 2018
The Outaouais Committee, formed by Luc Angers, Breiny Valdez, Zephyrin Nduwimana and Louis Ngoy Maia, has been touring the Outaouais churches every month since January in order to unify the churches and talk about the Association. Here is the list of churches visited:
First meeting held with the people wishing to get involved at the Executive Committee level.
- March 17th – Gathering of various pastors.
- March 27th – Meeting in Outaouais with MP Deltell about Cannabis.
Meeting with Senator Carignan concerning the Cannabis Bill; he talked about the issues of this Bill. More than 70 people attended this event.
- Creation of the Executive Committee and introduction of the National Director, Géthro Auguste.
- Meeting with Pastor Yvon Stabili together with other pastors in Quebec City. Among the 20 pastors present, 16 requested a presentation of UVVC at their church. A meeting with representatives of the group “Quebec – Everything is possible” also took place; they were excited by UVVC and we will be able to promote the Association within their organizations.
- Presentation of UVVC during the event/conference “Quebec – Everything is possible”. Luc Angers made a short presentation on Saturday, June 2nd. Pastor Yvon Stabili was present for the opening of the conference and for the prayer city tour.
- Presentation of UVVC to the church Église du Chemin in Outaouais on Sunday, June 3rd.
- Breakfast/Information session on Tuesday, June 9th, organized by the Laurentians/Laval Regional Committee, at the church pastored by Isaac Bazié and Richard Gariépy.
- Presentation of UVVC in Outaouais’s different churches, Église Source de Vie.
- Evening information session by UVVC in Outaouais on Monday, June 11th, from 5:00 to 7:00 PM, at Mont-Tremblant Camping Arundel’s Baptist church.
- Presentation of UVVC on Sunday, June 17th, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Presentation of UVVC at the Mont-Tremblant’s Baptist Church, on June 24th.
Presentation of UVVC in various churches and setting up of information tools concerning the upcoming elections and the programs of different political parties.
- 1st Meeting at the Pierre-Charbonneau Center on October 13th, 2018 at 7:00 PM – UVVC Festival: More than 1,650 people attended the event.
- Circulation of a petition concerning the crucifix at the National Assembly.
- First caucus of Christian forces gathering 22 participants; 17 organizations were represented.
- Popular Party of Canada // Quebec-Vie Campaign // P.E.A.C.E Ontario // Théovox // Quebec Catholic Association of Parents // UVVC // Murr International // Axiome – Alliance et Vie Church // Shekinah Church // Diocesan Center for Marriage, Life and Family // CIREF // Victory Church.
- First National Prayer Day on November 11th, gathering 11 churches: 19 pastors and leaders:
- Presentation of UVVC by Luc Angers on November 17th and 18th at the event/conference “Quebec – Everything is possible” in Ottawa.
- UVVC is present throughout the Outaouais: Several presentations are made in churches. Here are the churches where UVVC was presented in November and December:
Achievements in Outaouais
Achievements – 2019
- Circulation of the petition against the anti-Christian comic strip by D.C. “The Second Coming”. Result received in February: the comic book release was cancelled.
- Breakfast-meeting for pastors and influencers at the CEUM Complex on January 26th, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Creation of UVVC’s new Executive Committee on January 22nd.
- Beginning of the electoral compass on January 30th.
- Information session for Sexuality Education courses (January to April) in St-Jérôme, Montreal, St-Hubert, Gatineau, Laval and Sherbrooke.
- Meeting at the Northern Christian Assembly in St-Jérôme: 104 participants.
- Meetings at the CEUM Complex in Montreal: 35 participants; and at MCI Canada: 200 participants.
- Meeting at the Church Without Borders in St-Hubert: 105 participants.
- Meeting at the Church Le Sentier in Gatineau: 84 participants.
Fundraising campaign for UVVC across Quebec.
March 17th and 24th: Fundraising campaign at MCI Canada: 52 new memberships and 83 renewals, for a total of $2674.81.
- Sexuality Education Course:
April 14th: The Bible speaks about Laval
April 27th: Church Le Carrefour de Sherbrooke
- Presentation of UVVC:
April 27th: Church Le Carrefour de Sherbrooke
- May 4th: Meeting with volunteers for days of prayer and gathering.
- Circulation of the petition “No to late abortion in Quebec”.
- Circulation of the petition “Stop plastic waste in paradise!”
- May 7th: Nathalie Michaud, lawyer, participates in a public consultation on Family Law and writes a brief further to this consultation.
- Presentation of UVVC in Outaouais and St-Jérôme:
- Regional breakfast – West
June 15th: Benefit lunch at Le Chemin Church
- Presentation of UVVC in Montreal: Christ in Action Church, 2305 Holt, on Sunday, June 9th at 10:00 AM.
- June 30th: National Day of Prayer bringing together 36 churches: 43 Pastors and leaders and more than 1,500 Christians gathered to pray.
- Petition “No to funding for transgender dolls”.
- July 12th: Circulation of the petition “Tell Amazon not to ban books dealing with unwanted same-sex attraction”.
- Petition “Helping LGBT people is not a crime!”.
- Promotion of the film “Unplanned”.
- August 22nd: Supper and presentation of a reflection on unity.
The UVVC team has grown with the addition of 2 new members: Appointment of Dr. Carlos Norbal as Director for the Montreal region and Pastor Richard Gariépy as Assistant Director for the Lanaudière region.
- September 6th: Petition “CBC encourages exploitation of children for sexual entertainment”.
- September 13th: Petition “NO to LGBT colors in football! Let’s say it to FIFA”.
- September 20th: Petition “Support the Pro-Lifers who exposed the sale of baby body parts by Planned Parenthood”.
- September 28th: 2nd Great UVVC Meeting at the Pierre-Charbonneau Center. Presentation of 2 workshops and participation of several guests to the success of this evening: Dr. Paul Saba, Mr. Raymond Ayas and Mr. Brad Trost, among others.
- Distribution of the 1st electoral compass made by the UVVC team, in order to help the people distinguish the political parties with values most similar to ours.
- Family Law reform.
- October 27th: Presentation of UVVC by our Regional Director, Mr. Luc Angers. This event took place in the Francophone faith community of the East Gate Alliance Church in Ottawa.
- November 11th: Day of prayer.
- Petition “Pro-Life Albertans urged to take position to save Consciousness Protection Bill”.
- Petition “No prison for Caroline Farrow”.
- Breakfast organized in Outaouais by Regional Director Luc Angers to plan year 2020.
- November 30th: Important meeting of volunteers from the Montreal area at the New Creation Church located at 7390, 19th Avenue in Montreal.
- Breakfast organized by the Montreal Regional Director, Dr. Carlos Norbal, and his team. This breakfast brought together more than fifty pastors and leaders.
- Bill S-202, An Act to amend the Criminal Code (conversion therapy), received at second reading on December 12th. Nathalie Michaud, lawyer, prepared a brief on conversion therapy which will be presented to the Senate in 2020.
- Petition against Netflix for a film that ridicules our values and our beliefs.
- Modification of the UVVC logo.
- Fundraising campaign across Quebec in February and March.
- Development of the communication plan and appointment of the Director of Communications, Mrs. Mireille Mirambeau.
- Appointment of the Director for the Southern Region, Pastor Daniel W. Poulin.
- Appointment of the Assistant Director for the Eastern Townships Region, Mr. Jocelyn Chaperon.
- Information on the government’s public consultation on the Ethics and Religious Culture (ERC) course and on Medical Assistance in Dying.
- January 19th: UVVC, represented by Luc Angers, was received by Pastor Gabriel from the International Pentecostal Church, located in Gatineau in the Hull sector.
- Opening a Twitter account.
- February 13th: Petition on Bill C-202 on conversion therapies.
- Brief on the ERC courses by Nathalie Michaud.
- Stéphane Couture, from the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada at the Chauveau Evangelical Church, received Luc Angers and Michel Savard to present UVVC to about 25 pastors and leaders from the Quebec region.
- February 21st: Petition against late abortion in Quebec.
March 14th: A coffee-chat was organized by the Montreal Director, Dr. Carlos Norbal, and Géthro Auguste who received José Corvil at the New Generation Church; around 50 people attended the event.
- April 6th: Beginning of a prayer chain for governments and others during the COVID-19 crisis.
- April 15th: Sending thank you letters to the Federal and Provincial governments.
- Brief on Bill S-202 and Bill C-8 on conversion therapies.
- Petition concerning Bill S-202 on conversion therapies.
- Petition against late abortion in Quebec.
- Survey concerning the Ethics and Religious Culture course (ERC).
- Survey on Anticipated Medical Assistance in Dying.
- Fundraising campaign via video conference on the urgency to act.
- July 1 Day of prayer
- July 26: Petition Reverse the legalization of child prostitution, incest, bestiality and homosexuality in Haiti.
- September 21: press release on racism
For UVVC every human life counts
- Opening of the UVVC twitter account
- October 2: letter to our members to call their deputy for the opening of places of worship.
Results This was spoken to in the House of Commons and acknowledged that following numerous appeals the Minister of Health will change the guidelines.
-October 16: Video by Eric Lanthier: How to influence the content of what we listen to and watch on television, express your opinion and help you make a difference. Some information on how to express our opinion and we
- A series of 3 video clips by Éric Lanthier sent to our members to inform them of the different ways they can make a change.
How to influence the government's agenda
Influencing the government's agenda
Should we vote for a party that promotes life or social justice
- October 23: press release
UVVC supports freedom of expression in our universities.
- November 11 national day of prayer.
- November 14 creation of a letter template how to communicate to your MP for conversion therapy.
- Modification of the dissertation on conversion therapy (in view of government changes on the bill)
- Letter to the College of Physicians, and to the Ministry of Health
- Letter to the Committee on Citizen Relations
- Letter to the Cabinet of the Parliamentary Leader of the Government of the Minister of Justice And the Minister of Justice.
- Petition for Mr. Justin Trudeau to sign “the Geneva Consensus Declaration”
- UVVC brief on the medical assistance in dying bill c-7.
- UVVC brief on conversion therapies.
Please note that all gatherings scheduled since March 2020 have been canceled
Achievements – 2021
- Creation of a Facebook page
- March 20, UVVC Virtual Annual Rally
- May 16: UVVC visit to Le Center Church in Orleans, a suburb of Ottawa. By Luc Angers
- June 20 : UVVC presentations (Outaouais sector) Evangelical Church of Labelle 8185 Boul. Curé-Labelle. Pst. Germain Fortin
- July 01, National day of prayer
- July 11: UVVC presentations (Outaouais sector)
New Life Church of Gatineau, 306 Notre-Dame Street. Pst Judes Jean
- august 01: Presentations of UVVC (Chomedey, Laval) by the UVVC team under the direction of Mr. Luc Angers, Regional Director.
- august 24 : Brief addressed to the Special Commission on the evolution of the Law on end-of-life care
- September 03 : Petition, No to Late Abortion in Quebec.
- September 23: Fundraising - Imbuing our country with our values, organized by Luc Angers.
- September 27 : Presentation of UVVC by Mr. Luc Angers regional director of UVVC at the Salem church in Gatineau.
- Opening an Instagram account
- October 29 : Signing of a petition against Nickelodeon exposing children to the LBTGQ ideology.
- October 29 : Information capsule on the REFORM OF THE BROADCASTING ACT (Former Bill C-10).
- October 31: Meeting of the Haitian evangelical community of the Outaouais with Mr. Luc Angers, national director, and the evangelist M, Géthro Auguste, national director.
- Pastor Jean-Marc Princivil joined UVVC as regional director for the southern region.
- November 11: National Prayer Day organized by the UVVC movement, with the theme, TAKING ACTION TO OVERCOME.
Achievements – 2022
- Petition against the Charities Income Tax Act.
- Virtual gathering of members and supporters of UVVC-Outaouais.
- Petition prevent the UN from condemning those who denounce gender ideology.
GATHERINGS AND EXPANSION:
- Development of a communication plan.
- Assistant Directors in different regions.
- Presentation to the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada: 25 pastors and leaders from the Quebec region participated.
- Sending letters to different levels of governments, hospitals and Christian organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Victoire”, the virtual course on transgender given by Télé-Québec, was withdrawn following emails sent by members of UVVC.
- Fundraising campaign via video conference on the urgency to act.
OUR OBJECTIVES FOR THE FUTURE
-Increase our membership and influence across the country
-Foster partnerships with like-minded organizations
-Establish organizational committees in all regions of Quebec.
-Organize annual gatherings
-Issue press releases.
-Increase the member participation essential to promotion of the just, honest and dignified values on which our society is established.
-Consolidate the multi-sectorial forces of the evangelical community (churches, political, education, business, etc.)
-Partnership with the Committee of Evangelical Protestant for human dignity (CPDH) that gather together all Christians from all Protestantism in France and Europe.
We are called by faith to overcome kingdoms, to exercise righteousness, To obtain promises, and to shut the mouths of lions
If you wish to get involved, please visit our web site at email@example.com
For more information about the BoD and EC committees as well as our Regional Directors, go to: